‘Finance Sector Action on Forest’ – Webinar
On May 23 at 3pm CEST, the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation and the Finance and Deforestation Advisory Group held a webinar on The Commitment on Eliminating Agricultural Commodity-Driven Deforestation, showing how it evidences the commitments laid out in the Finance for Biodiversity Pledge and supports transition planning towards net zero goals.
The webinar explained why the Commitment on Eliminating Agricultural Commodity-Driven Deforestation is important, how to work towards it, and how it supports existing biodiversity and climate goals. It featured Lord Goldsmith and leading financial institutions who are on the journey to tackle commodity-driven deforestation as they also advance progress towards net zero targets.
Targeting all global financial institutions, this webinar was designed to:
- Explain the context and rationale behind the growing Commitment on Eliminating Agricultural Commodity-Driven Deforestation.
- Describe the roadmap, tools and datasets which enable progress towards the commitment.
- Reveal relevance of the Commitment, best practices and lessons learnt from financial institutions already working towards the Commitment.
- Describe how collective efforts to tackle land conversion by 2025 will enhance resilience and support halving emissions and reversing biodiversity loss by 2030.
- Provide the opportunity to hear from finance and biodiversity experts across politics and finance
The Finance and Deforestation Advisory Group
Finance and Deforestation Advisory Group members include: Nature4Climate Secretariat, Conservation International, Global Canopy, High-Level Climate Champions team, WEF Tropical Forest Alliance, UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
Contact email: email@example.com