Overview of initiatives for financial institutions
The Overview of biodiversity-related initiatives for financial institutions is meant to help financial institutions understand what initiatives are out there, and who is doing what. It was launched in April by the Finance for Biodiversity Foundation, UNEP FI, the PRI, and the Finance@Biodiversity Community. The overview is updated quarterly.
Collaboration is key
The momentum behind biodiversity is growing among financial institutions, and so is the number of communities, networks and initiatives dedicated to this topic. The overview document shows the topics that each initiative addresses, the activities and deliveries planned for 2021-2022, reports published, and contact information. Its aim is to enable synergies and accelerate collaboration on key topics.
Overview table and fact sheets
The fifteen initiatives that we have surveyed, are:
- Finance@Biodiversity Community (F@B) under the EU Business@Biodiversity Platform
- Finance for Biodiversity Pledge and Foundation (FfB)
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Principles for Responsible Banking (PRB), Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI) and Investment Leadership Platform (ILP) under UNEP FI
- Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD)
- Finance for Biodiversity Initiative (F4B)
- Science Based Targets Network (SBTN)
- Aligning accounting approaches for nature (Align)
- Partnership for Biodiversity Accounting Financials (PBAF)
- Exploring Natural Capital Opportunities, Risks and Exposure (ENCORE)
- Consortium for Biodiversity Footprint (CBF)
- Coalition for Private Investment in Conservation (CPIC)
- Biodiversity Finance Initiative (BIOFIN)
- University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- Conservation Finance Alliance (CFA)
This overview table shows which topics each initiative collaborates on, as well as who can join. A concise fact sheet for each initiative is also included.
The biodiversity movement is developing rapidly, and so we will aim to update this overview document every quarter. Feedback and input to be included in the next updates of this document can be sent to email@example.com.